I remember one instance on my mission quite vividly of a prayer being answered, and through that my testimony strengthened quite drastically. I was brand new into one of my areas, still a fairly new missionary. I was put into a bike area (which was rough), and sent off to work with one of my companions. It was getting late into the evening, it was dark, I was tired, and before I knew it my companion was out of sight from me. I had no idea where I was at, no phone, and for the first time in 6 months I was literally alone. Hopeful in thinking my companion would at some point in time turn around and find me, I sat down and waited. Ten minutes went by, then 20, then 30 minutes. I was truly terrified. I realized that I was going to need to do something in order to fix my situation, so I took action. I got down on my knees and said a short, but most sincere prayer I think I have ever said. "Heavenly Father, I'm lost and I need help. Please help me". I got up and started heading towards the road to see if I could find my companion. Just in that moment, across the street from me, I saw him fly by on his bike, and after a minute or two I was able to stop him and was reunited with my companion once again. Some might call it coincidence, but I know better than that. There is no way the timing could have been that perfect if it was all just coincidental.
Don't let me get your hopes up, not all the time are prayers answered like this. In fact, that's where my thoughts are going to today. I've thought about the trying moments that I have had in my life, and the prayer of help that I had offered up to God at those times as well. Many of those times God didn't answer right away, or it didn't even seem like He answered at all. I had to struggle through those times in what seemed like it was all by myself. I've thought about these trials from where I stand now, and I realize that God was there all along. I realize that if God would have stepped in when I "needed" Him, then I would not have had the growing experience that I had. I would not be the Jacob I am today.
God is not too busy to hear what we have to say, although maybe we are the ones that are a little too busy or impatient to hear what He has to say. My plea to each and every one of you is this, when you feel like you have done all you can and you can't push any further, when you have knelt down on your knees and talked with God and yet you feel you haven't received an answer, then get on your feet and keep pushing through. God hears your prayers, He knows your limits, and what you can handle. Be of good cheer, God is always with you!
Hi everybody! Up in the top right hand corner of the page, just above my picture that shows up, you can recommend my blog on google plus with the button that has g+1. I would really appreciate it if you would click that button and help share my blog. Thanks!
ReplyDelete