Today I have been inspired to take action and express my thoughts and feelings to whoever is willing and wanting to hear them. The question that sparked this for me came in a church meeting and has been on my mind for a little while. That question is this, "What is my hope in?". Think to yourselves this question as I carry on with my thoughts.
As I contemplated the depth of this question, my mind automatically reverted back to my mission days (as everything tends to revert back to). I thought about how hard each and every day was for that two years, how much rejection and ridicule I recieved, and the discouragement that followed after almost every door that we approached. So many times I found myself on my knees asking God why I was even out there and why I am failing not only me and my family, but also God himself. It wasn't until just a little while ago when I was reading something a sister missionary wrote in her blog that summed it all up for me. She said that 99% of your mission is hard work, sweat, tears, discouragement, failure, rejection and so much more. But she also said this, 1% of that two years is pure joy, and yet that 1% seems to make up for 99% of everything else bad and hard that happens. This statement is so true. That pure joy that is spoken of comes from the love of Christ. It comes from accepting him and doing all that we can to follow him.
So, why do I bring this up you might ask? This is where my hope is. This is my answer to the question that was asked previously. My hope is in that 1% of pure joy that follows all trials and tribulations. Though life may be hard sometimes, and by sometimes I mean 99% of the time! I know that the 1% is worth it in the end and the joy that we experience will make up for everything else.
I hope to be able to express my personal joys that come in life with all of you, and hope that they may come as an uplifting reminder that God is aware and blessing all of us, we just need to open our eyes and see what He sees.
Hi everybody! Up in the top right hand corner of the page, just above my picture that shows up, you can recommend my blog on google plus with the button that has g+1. I would really appreciate it if you would click that button and help share my blog. Thanks!
ReplyDelete