Monday, November 17, 2014

You Could Be the Answer

       "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs". Has anybody else noticed that as well. God works through each and every one of us to help each other out. I have been on both ends of that spectrum as well. 
        Many of you may have never guessed it, but I struggled through high school. I was bullied fairly often, people only wanted to hang around me so that I could become the laughing stalk of all their jokes, and for the most part it seemed I could never keep a group of friends for longer than a few weeks or months. I guessed you could say I was brought down pretty low in this part of my life. Going to school was a struggle for me each day. I thought of so many different excuses as to why I shouldn't go to school just to avoid everybody. Though during this span of time I don't specifically remember kneeling down and offering up a prayer of help to my Heavenly Father, I knew that he was listening to what my heart was yearning for, that was, a real friend. Out of the blue one day at school I received just that. This person brought me in under their wing and from then on I knew that I could look to him as a true friend. The timing was brilliant. It's like he knew what I was thinking even though I never told anyone about how I felt inside. God truly did bless my life through another.
       I also had the opportunity to see this miracle from the other side of the spectrum. On my mission we had the chance to help this lady who had literally lost everything. It was no irony that we ran into her either. Out of the blue we got a call from one of our previous investigators, and he wanted us to come by and visit with him for a little while. We went over there to find that he wasn't home. Feeling a little angered by the fact that he stood us up we started walking out of this apartment complex as if we had just wasted an hour of our day. All of the sudden some lady comes out of her apartment door crying uncontrollably. We came to find out quickly that her life was falling apart. Her husband had passed away a week earlier, she just found out that her daughter passed away a few days ago as well, and now they were kicking her out of her apartment and she only had three days to get everything out. Let me add that she had nowhere to go. We called everyone that we knew to come and help her get her stuff all packed up and get her help and the response of others was in itself a miracle. Long story short, we found her a temporary place to stay, we got her all packed up and out of the apartment, and now she had herself a handful of new friends. She was so overwhelmed with emotion that she continued to cry and thank us for almost 5 minutes straight. My heart was filled with joy as I got to be an answer to someone's desperate prayer.
       With all of this being shared my encouragement to you is this, be the answer to someone's prayers today. Lend out a helping hand, smile and say hello to someone, love unconditionally. You never know what others are going through, and how God is trying to help them. Pay it forward, because all of us know that somewhere down the road we will find ourselves in a similar position. God is real, he is there, and he is listening to us fully. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi everybody! Up in the top right hand corner of the page, just above my picture that shows up, you can recommend my blog on google plus with the button that has g+1. I would really appreciate it if you would click that button and help share my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete