As I have been taking big steps to plan and prepare for my future, I look back and find myself missing the small and simple joys of life. I get so caught up in looking to the future that I forget to live for today. As I have caught myself doing this, I have also seen countless other people of all ages doing the same thing. From young kids eagerly anticipating the day they will move out, to young couples dreaming of the day when they have that dream home and children, even to the seasoned couples who can't wait for the day their children move out so that they can relax. If you look closely, you start to notice a pattern. No matter where you are in life, it seems there is always something else you are striving for or looking ahead to, telling yourself that happiness will be reached once you have that. Only to find yourself looking to the next big event in your life. I'm quickly starting to see the adversary in his work. He takes something good, (such as goals and aspirations) and he puts it in our minds that those things are greater than what we have at the moment. Though happiness can be attained in the big dreams that we have such as living independently, buying a home, and having money, there is no need to seek the future to find happiness. Look around you, God created everything that you see, and has given you everything that you have so that you can find happiness now, in this very moment.
My proposal to you is this. Live for today! Live as though today is your last one. Though we can dream and hope, we do not know what our future has in store for us. We do, however, know what we have now. Make the best of every situation. I promise to you that it's not worth wasting today for what you may or may not get tomorrow.
Hi everybody! Up in the top right hand corner of the page, just above my picture that shows up, you can recommend my blog on google plus with the button that has g+1. I would really appreciate it if you would click that button and help share my blog. Thanks!
ReplyDelete